Over the course of the year we have talked about different aspects of the Vital Life Force, what it is, where it is found and the challenges to finding it and how to manifest it; but a practical application to keeping it is often wondered by many people that I speak to. In our fast paced society how do we harness, keep and maintain positive and thriving Life Force Energy in a practical manner that shows true results? Nature’s First Path will provide you with a practical template that you can implement on a per week basis to build up, harness and maintain your Vital Life Force. If you can repeat this on a weekly basis, then than would mean that you would be doing this monthly, and thus a yearly basis. Of course there will be variations to the template and times may vary, but the overall point is to guide you towards a more meaningful and life present in the mode of being, eating, observing and growing.
On a one week pattern.
- Sleep no later than 9:30 p.m. at night (or until after your spiritual devotions are completed).
- The following morning arise no later than 6:30 a.m. to devote 10 t0 15 minutes for silent meditation and devotion after your spiritual devotions if you have any. There are many different ways to meditate, however the simplest way to do this is to sit in a comfortable position and focus on the breath.
- Once aware of your awareness of breath, focus on 6-7 breathing repetitions. The breaths should be full and arise from the bottom of your stomach all the way to point of exhale. When the mind wanders, bring it back to the present moment.
- After this you can check your emails or any messages that require attention.
- After you have settled your affairs that require attention, make one Green Juice to add with your morning breakfast. This simple green juice is: Spinach, half of a beet, apple, orange and ginger root (about an inch of ginger will do fine.) If you proceed to do this longer than a week, feel free to add different types of greens, and switch the fruits to your tasting.
- Proceed to your work, school or daily activity with the intention of having full mindfulness as much as possible.
- Throughout your daily activities, remember your breath at one hour intervals, taking 6 to 7 deep breaths. If you are wondering what the nutritional point of deep breathing is: it relaxes the body, eliminates harmful cells or destroys them and keeps the body in an alkaline state of being.
- Preferably after you have completed your daily activities, get 30 to 60 minutes of exercise. If this time doesn’t work for you it can be rotated to suit your lifestyle needs. We have already talked about the benefit of regular exercise on the mind and the body.
As you are preparing to bring your day to a close, it is now time for you to have dinner. This part may be one of the most important pieces to this plan of keeping and maintaining your Vital Life Force. Plan your dinner as you normally would, but with it you are going to add a large to medium sized salad with no or at least limited dairy product (as in most dressings; plant based dressing are fine in this case as is lemon and olive oil) and one serving of Vital Life Force Soup. The recipe is as follows: 1 cup dried or split peas (or beans), shredded or grated ginger, 1 teaspoon of turmeric, 3 to 6 medium sized zucchinis, 2 to 5 carrots, 4 cut celery stalks, 2 medium sized sliced onions, 1 hand bunch of kale, 1 cup raw cashews, 2 ½ cups of fresh white button mushrooms, vegetable broth and 2 to 3 cups of water. *If you have left over, just save to have with the next nights meal until finished.
Place peas (or beans) in a large pot over low heat, add the water and broth. Bring to a boil and then reduce heat after you see the pot boiling. Add the zucchini, carrots, and seasoning to taste. Then add the onions and kale that has been chopped. Lower the heat and simmer until peas (or beans) are soft. This recipe can be changed and modified after completing the first week.
Following these steps is a simple weekly template you can try and follow; what is certain is that doing this for one week (if you haven’t already) will leaving you feeling surged with energy and overall balance to your being (inshallah); this is how you build and maintain your Vital Life Force.
As we have said many times, it is all around you. Here are some things to remember for this piece:
-Keep clutter in your home at a minimum. Clutter in the house causes a shift in energy and breaks up concentration on a subliminal level.
-Rose and Jasmine aromatherapy oils and or pure incense brings strength to the heart, fights off depression and charges the energy of the place where you reside as well as keeps the home smelling clean and welcoming.
-Keep your meditation area clean.
– If you must watch the news, limit it to 1 hour or less a day, if at all.
-You are what you eat.
-Fast regularly. For a full explanation of the benefits of fasting please click here.
-All actions start in the mind.
-Every day of breath is another opportunity to grow.
It is hoped that this can be of some help to those looking to make the Vital Life Force a tangible presence and not a far off philosophy; something that can help you everyday life. Granted, following this template will not be easy by any means; try working with it on week increments. When you feel that it is flowing and easy to manage then you are already placing it in your everyday life in some form or another. All the best to you and full health for a lifetime to you and your families.
-Daud Scott; CHNP, CPT.