786. Of course there is nothing like cooking your own meal in the comfort of your home; keeping an eye on the ingredients and sharing it with the people that you love most. But sometimes you just want to be treated to good meal and just because you adhere to a plant based regimen, you … More Top 5 Restaurants for Plant Based Eating in Los Angeles.
In the previous entry we talked about the effects of your thoughts; whether they are positive or negative and how this effects and plays on your overall nutrition. With that said there is an often very, VERY much overlooked aspect of your Nutrition and that is something we do (or should be doing daily) which … More No Substitute for Sleep: Sleep Debt and Your Nutrition.
786. More and more and especially in our fast paced society now, it is not uncommon to hear and or know of people that we know and love who are suffering from depression. While many see Therapist, Psychologist and then ultimately the Psychiatrist; often time the end result is in the fact that prescriptions upon … More Saffron: Natural Options for Treating Depression.
786. Once in a while there is a book that comes out that challenges the status quo and makes the truth an overall focal point for every page that you read; “Whole: Rethinking the Science of Nutrition” is just one of those books that does this at every turn. This is Dr. T. Colin Campbell’s … More Getting ‘Whole’: Rethinking the Science of Nutrition’s Crititque on Modern Health.
786. There may be some who may wonder what running has to do with the concept of food- health but nutrition is not just what you eat and put into your body but also how you think, what you perceive and what you do with your body. Since the beginnings of human history, physical activity … More The Mystical Side of Running Often.
786. If you are reading this chances are you have a Facebook account also; don’t be a stranger, stop by and ‘like’ our page! Feel free to comment, post and share all relevant material. Find us on facebook here: https://www.facebook.com/naturesfirstpath Thanks!
0786. With plant based nutrition being discussed more are more and the ways that its adherents can get more protein into their diets, the topic of Spirulina seems to come up often. Yet while this unique sea algae packs on the protein, there are many, many other benefits to consuming Spirulina that many people might … More Spirulina: A Closer Look at a Sustainable Food Source.
If you are reading this article here, chances are you were or are still very much a Foodie like the staff here at Nature’s First Path. Yes, you can still be a Foodie and care about your health, plant-based nutrition and over all well being; it’s ok, we give you permission. And with being a … More Sumac: A Middle Eastern Spice with Loads of Nutrients and Benefits.
There are some people who deal with having chronic allergies and sinus pains all if not most days throughout the year and with that many people have to spend millions and millions of dollars on sinus medications and or allergy medicine along with that. In some cases if prescribed by your doctor, this may need … More Using Green Juices to Combat Allergies.
In an effort continuously dispel some of the myths that are out there concerning the overall health of those who adhere to a plant-based regimen, the Natures First Path team wanted to take the time to address this issue concerning Calcium in the plant-based diet. Recently the writer just so happened to be scanning one … More The Calcium Controversy.