If you have been looking for a cleaner, lighter way to boost and sustain your workouts, please consider these simple solutions which we will describe below. Often times many of us have been lead under the impression that nutritional formulas have to be complicated in order to be beneficial to workout better and to have more stamina while doing it. While it is true that eating for health is the greatest of long term goals, there are fast ways to boost-up energy before you plan to exercise; that also helps your body and mind recover with less fatigue and down time afterwards. Here are my best go-to food and herb sources to fuel a better work-out:
- Coconut Oil: Having two full tablespoon of Organic coconut oil provides a good energy source for endurance and stamina for your workouts: whether it is high impact cardio like running, or slow paced resistance training. The Multi Chain Triglycerides in the oil assist with fat burning while at the same time protecting your nervous system allowing you to focus fully on your fitness schedule for the day.
- Colloidal Silver: Many people are not aware that the body is able to consume and process silver in its liquid form in the digestive system. The reason why this is placed here as one of the best sources for a better work out is because for two reasons. 1) It acts as an anti-inflammatory which helps keeps the swelling and pain threshold low when you exercise and 2) It helps with Catalytic Oxidation, which is a nice scientific way of saying it allows your body to ‘breathe’ better and allows your cells to hold more ‘air’ sort-to speak. So if you have been having some difficulty with breathing and or have been experiencing quick shortness of breath at the start of your workouts, consider adding this liquid silver into your regimen.
- Brussels Sprouts: When you cook them well, they taste fantastic. When they are less cooked, it provides you with even more vitality. When you combine them with eating whole grains, they offer more of a packed nutritional powerhouse. Brussels Sprouts contain high volumes of Vitamins A, K and contain more Vitamin C than oranges. All of these are necessary Vitamins to maintain high impact stamina. For best results, I would recommend eating them the night before your workouts; 2 to 4 servings would be sufficient to have a direct impact on how you feel the next day.
- Maca Powder: Although we have spoken on this before; enough cannot be said about this healing Superfood. Many Endurance Athletes take Maca for its ability to help them maintain a consistent and maintained workout without the rushed feeling. Maca is nutrient rich with B Vitamins; the Vitamin family that is linked to energy and mood.
- Ginseng Root: Ginseng is able to provide you with healthy energy because it directly works with stimulating and releasing adrenaline from the adrenal glands, and balances them out all together: which is perfect for helping you have a better workout. Overtime, ginseng is absorbed into your body after you take it. Which not only helps you with the boost of energy before your workouts but also helps you maintain those levels for as long as you consume it with other nutritious foods.
All the best of health to you and your loved ones.
Daud Scott-CHNP; CPT.